Thursday, July 3, 2014

Childhood memory

I am back again with a story behind a person who is my friend while studying my Masters'. Her name is Rashmi Niraula, Though  I changed my University later, we have met in times again for common interest and activities, for instance, Writings. She is good natured girl, and she described her one of her memorable childhood experience. When I read it, I enthralled and dived into imagination into characters of her real story. Here you can also read it which she wrote in her own words.

Rashmi Niraula
As my childhood days are spend on the place far from my hometown name Duhabi. That place was very beautiful surrounded by beautiful hills and mountains and greenery spread all over the areas. That place name is okharvotte (madi).I have got a chance to visit that place while I was small ,at that time my age is Twelve. I have beautiful memory on my childhood. As my father was the government employee and everyone respect him. I have many friends of my age; we used to have lots of fun and enjoyment. We used to roam from one place to other and many new places.Our parents don’t allow us to roam in new places, here and there. We just secretly get out of our home without our parents’ permission due to that we used to get punishment.

 Once in the month there used to have party in my father office, where my father friend’s used to bring their children with them. We used to have lots of fun, we used to sing song together and dance a whole night. One of my friend know to play Madal, he played it and we all used to sing song together which I can never forget those days.

 In my father office there was one peon we used to call him "Baje." He is very interesting and a kind person he used to play with me and my sister whenever he got time. He loved us very much, whenever we feel bored he used to come and dance just to make us laugh and happy. We used to play lots of game like carem board, ludo, chess, Lukachupi ( hide and seek ), Dhukumuku, skipping and rubberband etc. Every week in our village there use to have market  only that day we have to buy the grocery for the whole week.

At that day we used to go market with others friends we used to bought lots of sweets, chakshala (special sweets made of sugar), chocolates etc. I used to study there at Madi School which was only school of that place .and there, the government employees, businessmen and rich people afford to send their children in that school. In my school there I got chance to make many good friends we all were very naughty and used to tease each other. We used to sing together  in class whenever the class has leisure times. Once, while we were singing song we were also dancing by pushing each other at that time one of my friend fell from his a bench and the teacher scolded us a lot.

There was a sister, the daughter of baje, she was also my guardian. She loved me a lot. Her name was bhagwata .Bhagwata dd loved me very much and she guided me whenever I needed help. She used to take me "bassi" the place where there was a farm in which the farmer used to grow sweet potato, maize, wheat, potato etc. and we used to eat sweet potatos and roam different places. Once our teacher decided to take us on a picnic but my parents didn't allowed me to go to picnic as I was very small. I cried a lot that day Bhagwata dd knew that and finally convinced my parents to allow me to go to the picnic as she was also going along with us. The picnic spot was near the place named shallghari where there is a large forest and a beautiful river flowing in between the forest. Teacher had to cook food and we needed to help them by cutting vegetables and others ,while cutting the vegetables, the seed of chilly went into my eyes that was the most horrible day for me.

Once my parents decided to visit to Siddakali temple in Chyanpur, we went there to worship the god and had a small picnic. While returning back in the way it got dark and soon it was becoming night .The villager suggested my parents to make massal of fire and carry it with them. We were very scared as there were many thieves and robbers in that area. That day we reached home lately.

Once or twice in the year we used to visit to Terai our hometown, while going to Terai we need to walk one whole day, and one whole day on a bus. While we reached to our home we used to have lots of fun and when the time came to leave home we used to cry a lot. As we had lots of friends there and we used to play a lot. In our home my old grandmother, uncle, aunty, and my sister lives there. While leaving the home I felt very bad.While going to school there was a large forest, we used to cross that forest to go to school. On the way there was a hospital from where the scream of patients came. We used to run while going to school. There was always a competition between my sister and me to go to school as the way was very scary.

Once our teacher decided to take us to the campus near our school to take part on the program organized by the campus .That was very beautiful program, singing and dancing program were conducted there. That whole day we spend in that campus.One of my friend had got tuberculosis; his parent were poor they don’t have enough money for the checkup and also there were no awareness about the disease. He was sick but also he didn’t stop to go to school as he loved to read. One day while going to school on the way he died. Whole school went there in his funeral which was very sad memory of my life.


My childhood memory was very happy, some were very sad but in total this was the awesome moment of my life. If I got chance in my life I would like to visit the place once and want to make my memory refresh again. I want to meet my friends those who were still there. That is all, the thing about my childhood memory.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for dropping by.. I had fun reading about your childhood memories.. The Madal, Mr Baje, Bhagwata and all the beautiful places you mentioned.. Indeed childhood memories are cherished most :)

    ReplyDelete